Just Do It: Your Life's Purpose



What could you possibly be waiting for?

 Do you find it awkward how quickly you are able to identify a situation around you when you are already going through a similar one? 

A good example for me, at the beginning of the second semester in campus, I decided to allow my hair to grow after having had a total clean shave popularly known as “Jordan style” for over 9 months. There was a condition to it though, it had to have permanent color; a very bright shade of blonde! As soon as I dyed my hair I started noticing many other ladies with dyed hair, a similar shade and the hair trimmed to the same length. It looked and felt like they had been waiting for me to dye mine so that they could follow suite. I even remember seeing a bus conductor; a male for that matter with the same hair style!

The issue of gaining confidence to pursue what I love doing and getting it to the stage, hosting shows and traveling throughout my county, then country before hitting my continent Africa by storm with “Building confidence to serve your life’s purpose”  has been nagging me a lot lately.


Earlier this month I decided to get into a research on how to build this confidence bearing in mind that I have been holding back gathering people for a talk on this issue for such a long time.  So, today I came across a video by  Tony Robbins; “How to end financial self-sabotage| Inspirational”. You may be wondering why specifically I chose to begin with this video. Actually, I realized that I had a great problem with the way I envisioned financial wealth; handling money has been such a big mix for me and that has barred me from being able to launch my public speaking and coaching business.  Well that is a story for another day. 

At the end of the slightly over 51 minutes long video, Mr. Robbins refers his audience to a certain book “The Richest Man in Babylon” by George S. Clason. Being the good student I have recently become, I went on to look for the book on YouTube and found it in Audio format and as at the writing of this post, I have gone through the first two chapters!
What now surprises me is the way other related matters are coming up. While I was using a tablet to access the material by Tony Robbins, I had to return to my laptop so as to be able to do a good post on Facebook. Immediately I logged in, I noticed that a friend of mine had shared an article from Business Insider, “I’m a self-made millionaire, and here are the10 best pieces of advice I can give you about money” by one Steve Seibold.  Not to mention that his 7th point made all the sense to me and the 9th point was an absolute rebuke as I realized that I had been sabotaging my desired lifestyle by worrying. You may want to know that this article is not new; actually it is over a year old today!

Call it a coincidence, but I have noticed this; whenever you start working on something, you notice more of it around you- this is not so that you feel the intensity of competition but it is a sign of your consciousness towards it. If you are keen about it as I am about boosting my confidence to rise to the stage and talk to masses, you will realize that these occurrences are just but helping hands seeking to help you step up to your desired destiny now that you have decided to face your fears.

If anything is not of interest to you, there is a good possibility that it will not register in your brain when you come across it even at the brightest hour of the day. But the minute you make it your business then help will come from all over the world to help you understand it and achieve your desired goal. If you don’t believe me, take your first hour in the morning to look around your house for things that are lacking in your house. Note I use the word lacking, meaning I want you to look at such things in a distasteful manner; 
“I hate the way power goes off when I’m about to take a shower”, or
“Why on earth do I have to be short of milk at the middle of the month?” 
By the time you get out of the house, many other lacking things will bombard your thoughts and you will begin to notice how much you lack almost everything including the lack of salary increment for the last 11 months! Well?

Moving on, my Facebook which was propelled by the content of the first two chapters of the audio book, “TheRichest Man in Babylon” by George S. Clason went like this:
"A part of what you earn is yours to keep"
an extract from The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
...and before you ask me if it weren't so - I ask
How much have you retained from your last set that you received from your boss or client?
A portion, if you are faithful you paid your tithe or even gave to the poor,
A portion went to Supa loaf and Ilara,
A portion to the conductor you loathe for you boarded his noisy matatu,
A portion went to Mama mboga,
A portion maybe to a guy you had to bribe,
A portion of course to KRA
A portion to Baba Sammy who owns the butchery
A portion,..........
and nothing was left for you.
Now return to the top of this post; read aloud the statement in quotes and say it every morning, every time you are about to pay out a portion of your income, every time you want to make an invoice and every time you go to withdraw money at the ATM. Then come back a year from now and we can talk on how to invest that portion that belongs to you so that it can bear you children and grandchildren. And as they procreate they will be as slaves that run up and down the hill for you, serving you; their master with no questions asked.
"A portion of what you earn is yours to KEEP"

This is part of my assignment now as well as practicing a new habit to note down 3 new ideas on how to make money as directed by Tony Robbins. This of course will help me look back into the thing I enjoy doing most, talking to people.

So today I will ask you; what have you been postponing to undertake? This post is right in time for you, like Nike I will say “Just Do It”. 

Mag Speaketh: - I would really apreciate your comment on this one; I'm concerned. Just do it.

Comments