Am I Too Late To Launch?

Mag thinking hard
Am I too late to launch?
“Am I too late?” I wake up each and every day wondering; wondering if my star will shine in time to bring light to the right people.
Will they have grown too old to recognize that my light is meant for them?
Will I still have the language, the style, the oomph to stand before them and tell when that time comes? If it ever does that is. Why has it taken so long?
Why do I rise to take a step forward and get thrusted against uncertainty causing me to shy away from the stage?
Wasn’t I born for this? And if that was the case then, why is it that the whole world sees it, knows it and feels it yet the squeaking voice inside of me won’t let me do it?
Hello! Am I alone here?
Why is everyone making it to the top, shinning so bright in areas I know I should yet I thought they wouldn’t and here I am with just a glimmer?


They fly to the top so fast, born a decade and a half later and before they turn 30 their portraits are in the front page of every possible newspaper “Top 20 Under-25” and the world proposes a monument in their honor. Where did I go wrong? Why is my sun setting so soon without having shone before the mass? No limelight on my stage to honor my slight existence yet with a bold voice I ought to hit the stage, deliver and receive a standing ovation.

These are the questions and arguments in my mind every day as I near my 40th birthday. For a long, long time I have wanted to stand before thousands to deliver my speech; a personally crafted message, that will turn the hearts of men to search the deep within themselves to rise up and make happen their purpose before the final exit from this round globe!
A dream it is, may be within reach, maybe without. All I know is that I have what it takes to move the masses; at least to some audible and visible extent. I’m thoroughly equiped with the deep alto voice the heavens bestowed upon me- Oprah type, the poise, the content and oh the smile. It has never been a problem to me to rise up before the mob and voice my opinion whether in an official setup or when the mob is at a relaxed mode.

What I still wonder is why I have not been able to rise to the occasion of setting up “Sip your Wine with Mag” or “Being Diva-sfied; Breathing life into your Purpose” better still “What are you here for?”. How I long to do exactly that; stand in the podium before eager faces, cheers and standing ovation and then upon “A good evening to you lovely people, I could spend this evening nowhere else under the stary sky other than with you! Welcome to Being Diva-sfied; Breathing life into your purpose with MagdaleneKamau – If you may; call me My Darling”.


That is my dream, a dream I intend to make come true before I turn 40, just a few years from now – 4 in particular. To launch deep and spread, reaching out to the scared souls of men to awaken the spirits of those cold in fear. But a push within me still asks “Am I too late to launch?”

Comments