It takes Discipline - "Your Dream"

Do you have a specific thing that you feel you need to do, you want it so badly that at one time you have even spoken to friends and family about it and you even set up a plan on how to achieve it?

Could this be part of your lifetime dream?


How much of it have you achieved since you realized that the thing is something you just had to do?
It could be loosing some weight and staying healthy, scoring A in your upcoming test, buying a family home and moving in, writing a book, learning to dance or swim... and the list is endless. These are just a few of the dreams that most of us have.

This morning I had a wonderful moment listening to one of my favourite motivational speakers, on Youtube, Brendon Burchard as he spoke of the "4 Ways to be More Disciplined". It amazed me how frequently I shift my focus and end up burying my dream under cares that ought not to take priority in my life as they usually do. Could you be in this state too?
As Brendon Burchard gave the four ways to be more discipline, I found myself identifying with each one of them. In my interpretation, this is what I gathered: 
  1. I should emotionally engage with my dream every day of my life, first thing in the morning. I will therefore re-write my dream and break it down in to small do-able portions that can be represented by photos. These will be stuck on my mirror because whenever I wake up in the morning I walk to my mirror  as the first thing. (I don't know why I have the relationship with the mirror but that is what I do daily). That way I will have a session of connection with my dream.
  2. I will do my work that appertains to achieving my dream first  before I attend to other people's business. 
  3. I will schedule sessions to attend to my dream regularly during the day so that I am completely in touch with my dream on a daily basis.
  4. I will ensure that my friends know what I am working towards so that for every win I will celebrate with them. I will also encourage my friends to do the same.
"If we are never celebrating, we are never going to develop real discipline" Brendon Burchard.

Here is the video: "4 Ways to be More Discipline" by Brendon Burchard


 
Let's stay in touch on Twitter @magwealth and Facebook #Magwealth  to keep in touch with me.



Have a disciplined day ahead
Magwealth
 

Comments